1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
Completely and totally paid off our credit card debt.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I wasn’t positive, which had been my goal. I don’t know what 2010’s will be….
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, a coworker.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Sadly, yes. Three members of our extended family.
5. What countries did you visit?
Countries? We didn’t even leave the state!
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
January 21, 2009 – the inauguration of our first African-American president.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Not losing it.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not getting organized.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Constant headaches – migraines, sinus infections, and both, as well as GI problems and a heel spur.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Yarn, yarn, yarn!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Sis's -- she always there for whoever needs her.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
My own, at times.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Bills -- mortgage (good) and credit cards (PAID OFF!).
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Seeing my nieces.
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
Susan Boyle’s version of “I Dreamed a Dream.”
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? About the same.
b) thinner or fatter? Fatter.
c) richer or poorer? Richer, in many ways.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
In Hanahan, with my hubby and my family.
21. Did you fall in love in 2009?
22. What was your favorite TV program?Sarah Connor Chronicles
(cancelled, of course). Also loved House, NCIS, Cold Case, So You Think You Can Dance
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
24. What was the best book you read?The Shack
by W.P. Young.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
My discovery? I didn’t discover anyone. But I love Susan Boyle’s voice. Annoyed though I am by the total shock of the world that someone who is not young and beautiful can actually have talent…. Of course, it’s not her fault the world reacted that way.
26. What did you want and get?
Swift and ball-winder.
27. What did you want and not get?
New hybrid car.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?Stardust.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 46, and I saw my nieces’ dance recital and the young one’s birthday party.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Not having headache after headache after headache….
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
Wrap dresses and cardigans.
32. What kept you sane?
Sane? How about sane-ish? The hubby, knitting, and the puppies. And chocolate (the food, not the color!)
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Hm. I don’t know.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Health Care. And the Environment.
35. Who did you miss?
My retired supervisor. My aunt and uncle, and my grandparents.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
Kevin, just getting to know her.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
I can -- and MUST -- choose to be positive.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Sorry – can’t.